You can now schedule a free in-home safety inspection of your gas appliances with PG&E.
To help provide peace of mind and confidence in the safe use of their gas appliances, PG&E suggests that customers schedule an inspection by calling the customer helpline at 1-800-743-5000.
Helpful Winter Gas Safety Tips
- Install carbon monoxide detectors to warn when concentration levels are high.
- As of 2011, all California single-family homes are required to have carbon monoxide detectors.
- Make sure all carbon monoxide detectors are installed near sleeping areas and common areas.
- Replace the batteries at least twice a year.
- Check expiration dates – most carbon monoxide detectors have a shelf life of five to seven years.
- Never use products inside the home that generate dangerous levels of carbon monoxide, such as generators, outdoor grills, propane heaters.
- Never use cooking devices such as ovens or stoves for home heating purposes.
- When using the fireplace to stay warm, make sure the flue is open so venting can occur safely through the chimney.
- Make sure water heaters and other natural gas appliances have proper ventilation.
Want to learn more? Contact PG&E or visit their website at:
Interested in learning more? Contact me today for a unique and personalized approach to your home buying or selling journey and as always any Real Estate needs!